Danish Toffee Cookies
|Sifted cake flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Large (Unbeaten)|
|Strong coffee||2 Tablespoon|
|Dark rum||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Sift flour with baking powder.
2. Cream butter with salt until light and fluffy, gradually adding sugar. Add egg, then coffee, then rum, beating well after each addition. Blend in flour mixture, then almonds. Refrigerate about 2 hours, or until dough can be easily handled.
3. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
4. On floured surface, roll out dough 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch thick. Cut with floured 2 1/4-inch cutter. Place on un-greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until done. Makes about 4 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4232 Calories from Fat 1688
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 189 g290.2%
Saturated Fat 83.6 g418.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 536.9 mg179%
Sodium 1853.9 mg77.2%
Total Carbohydrates 568 g189.4%
Dietary Fiber 18.9 g75.5%
Sugars 205.5 g
Protein 71 g141.3%
Vitamin A 80.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 116.8% Iron 210.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet