Danish Toffee Cookies
|Sifted cake flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Large (Unbeaten)|
|Strong coffee||2 Tablespoon|
|Dark rum||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Sift flour with baking powder.
2. Cream butter with salt until light and fluffy, gradually adding sugar. Add egg, then coffee, then rum, beating well after each addition. Blend in flour mixture, then almonds. Refrigerate about 2 hours, or until dough can be easily handled.
3. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
4. On floured surface, roll out dough 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch thick. Cut with floured 2 1/4-inch cutter. Place on un-greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until done. Makes about 4 dozen.