Norwegian Sugar Cookies
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Caraway seeds||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
2. Work shortening with a spoon until fluffy and creamy. Gradually add sugar, while continuing to work until light. Beat in egg. Stir flour mixture and brandy into shortening mixture. Then stir in caraway seeds. Refrigerate until firm enough to handle easilyâ€”about 1 hour.
3. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
4. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness or thinner. Cut into small stars, circles, etc. Place, 1/2 inch apart, on greased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
5. Bake 6 to 8 minutes, or until light brown. Makes about 12 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2858 Calories from Fat 980
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170.8%
Saturated Fat 27.6 g137.9%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 1354.1 mg56.4%
Total Carbohydrates 412 g137.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.5%
Sugars 215.6 g
Protein 34 g67.2%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 85.5% Iron 83.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet