Spicy Swiss Fondue
|Grated cheese||600 Gram (6 cups)|
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), sliced lengthwise|
|French bread||2 (if not available ordinary bread)|
1. Rub the inside of the Fondue pot with garlic.
2. Put wine and lemon juice in the pot and heat over a low flame.
3. Gradually add cheese stirring continuously making a figure of eight motion until mixture starts to bubble.
4. Mix cornfloor and kirsch to a smooth paste and add to the above mixture. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Stir in salt, pepper, chilli powder, nutmeg. Mix well.
6. Cut bread into bite size pieces and keep near the fondue pot.
Calories 138 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.1 mg7%
Sodium 437.4 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.73%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 0.51%
Calcium 27.1% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet