|Shallots/1 small onion||2 , chopped|
|Fresh bread crumbs||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , slightly beaten|
|Pork shoulder||2 Pound, ground|
|Regular all purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cocktail onions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), drained|
|Canned condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce, undiluted (1 can)|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. In 1 tablespoon butter saute shallots until golden. In large bowl, soften bread crumbs in 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup white wine, and beaten eggs. Then add shallots, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and ground pork; fold until all are blended.
2. Shape meat mixture into 24 large meat balls; place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet or trav. Now roll each meat ball in flour until well coated; return to cookie sheet; refrigerate.
About 1 hour and 30 minutes before supper:
1. Prepare Lemon Potatoes as recipe directs.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in Dutch oven; meanwhile reroll each meat ball in flour. In hot butter saute meat balls until brown, setting them aside as completed.
3. Now return meat balls to Dutch oven; add cocktail onions, beef broth, 1/4 cup water, and 1/4 cup wine. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, oregano, and paprika. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
4. Thicken gravy, if desired, with 1 tablespoon flour stirred to smooth paste with 1 tablespoon cold water. Arrange meat balls on heated platter with Lemon Potatoes. Pass gravy in gravy boat; sprinkle meat balls with parsley.