Swiss Onion And Cheese Soup
|Onions||3 Large, sliced|
|Milk/Half milk and half stock||1 Liter (4 1/2 cups)|
|Grated cheese||225 Gram (1 1/2 cups)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Melt half the butter in a pan, sprinkle flour, stir well until smooth.
2. Slowly stir in milk or milk and stock. Bring to a boil, cook over low heat until it thickens.
3. Heat remaining butter in a fry pan, fry the onions until transparent and light golden. Add the seasonings and stir.
4. Add onion mixture to the soup. Mix well.
5. Stir in grated cheese. Stir well, cook for 5 minutes more and serve hot garnished with mint.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2603 Calories from Fat 1300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g226.8%
Saturated Fat 88.9 g444.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 427 mg142.3%
Sodium 6235.9 mg259.8%
Total Carbohydrates 197 g65.5%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73.2%
Sugars 94.6 g
Protein 136 g272.5%
Vitamin A 77.4% Vitamin C 119.7%
Calcium 388.6% Iron 42%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet