|Potatoes||7 Medium, peeled and cut into strips (2*1/4 Inch)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||3 Large, thinly sliced|
|Anchovy fillets||2 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and rinsed well (2 Cans)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. To keep from discoloring, place potatoes in a large bowl filled with water
2. In a large skillet, heat oil with 2 tbsp (25 ml) of the butter. Add onions and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently until soft but not brown.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
4. Grease a 6-cup (1.5-1) souffle dish with remaining butter.
5. Drain potatoes and pat dry.
6. Arrange a layer of potatoes on the bottom of prepared dish. Then alternate layers of onions and anchovies, ending with potatoes, adding pepper to each layer.
7. Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs.
8. In a small saucepan, heat cream and milk until warm. Pour over potatoes.
9. Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and liquid is nearly absorbed.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2763 Calories from Fat 1268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 144 g221.2%
Saturated Fat 72.8 g363.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 373.4 mg124.5%
Sodium 1560.7 mg65%
Total Carbohydrates 346 g115.3%
Dietary Fiber 44.2 g176.9%
Sugars 57.2 g
Protein 52 g103.6%
Vitamin A 70.5% Vitamin C 515.9%
Calcium 77.1% Iron 73.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet