Apple Crumble With 3 Cereals
3/4 cup finely packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup 100% bran cereal
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup cold sweet butter
1/4 cup sunflower seeds or chopped almonds
Cold heavy or whipping
1. Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate.
2. In a large bowl, toss together apple slices. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir into apples.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
4. In a bowl, prepare topping, combining rolled oats, flour, bran cereal and brown sugar. With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; stir in sunflower seeds or almonds.
5. Spoon apple mixture into prepared pie plate. Sprinkle evenly with crumble topping.
6. Bake 1 hour or until apples are tender and crumble is golden. Serve hot or at room temperature drizzled with cream, if desired.