Christine Hamilton's Jellied Bloody Mary
|Tomato juice||1 1⁄2 Liter|
|Vodka||10 Fluid Ounce (300ml)|
|Gelatin leaves/Granules but leaves are much better||9|
|Worcester sauce||2 Teaspoon (more to taste if desired)|
|Tabasco sauce||2 Teaspoon (more to taste if desired)|
|Creamed horseradish||2 Teaspoon (more to taste if desired)|
|Lemons juice||6 Tablespoon (Juice of 1 or 2 lemons)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Soften gelatine leaves in water and dissolve in small amount of tomato juice.
2) Put all other ingredients into mixing bowl.
3) Pour gelatine/tomato mixture in.
4) Stir well – use hand whisk to break up the horseradish.
5) Pour into 12 Manhatten/Martini glasses. You can use ordinary glasses but the Manhattens look stunning.
6) Leave in fridge until set.
1) Mix crème fraîche/yoghurt (or fromage frais) with diced cucumber, garnish with good spoonful on each jelly. Finish with sprig mint/spring onions.
2) Serve from fridge with good bread.
Calories 110 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.15 g0.24%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.06%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 63.8 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.2%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 2 g3.2%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 44.1%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet