Herbed Chicken in Pastry is an elegant preparation to serve to your guests. The delicate flavors of variety of herbs make the preparation more sophisticated. Try this and enjoy a delicious dinner!
Puff pastry sheet
Boneless and skinless chicken breasts
To Taste, grounded
2 Tablespoon (For dusting)
4 Ounce, quartered
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven at 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, make an egg wash for the pastry by beating an egg with water.
3. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add in the chicken breasts and season with black pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until it's well browned on both sides.
5. Remove the chicken to a plate, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
6. Lightly flour the kitchen top and unfold one pastry sheet. Roll the pastry into a 14-inch square. Cut it into 4 (7 inch) squares.
7. Spread 2 tablespoons of the garlic & herb spreadable cheese in the center of each pastry square. Top the cheese with a tablespoon of parsley and chicken breast.
8. Brush the edges of the pastry squares with the egg wash. Fold the corners of the pastry squares to the center over the chicken and press to seal.
9. Place the filled pastries seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Brush the pastries with the egg wash.
10. Bake the chicken for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
11. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
12. Serve Herbed Chicken with sautéed greens.
If you are planning for a romantic dinner with your special person, here is something elegant to bake and serve. The herbed chicken pastry is a combination of fine herbs and soft chicken breasts, which will definitely satisfy the appetite. In this video, chef describes the process to prepare this irresistible dish. It is surely going to be a grand evening.