Puff Wrapped Caramel Apples is perfect dessert for a lavish party. They look incredible and have three different types of layers, crusty outer part, cinnamon coated apple and sweet and creamy caramel inside. Puff Wrapped Caramel Apples will just adorn a special occasion like your own wedding.
1. Preheat the oven at 400°F.
2. In a shallow bowl, stir together the cinnamon and sugar.
3. In a small bowl, make an egg wash for the pastry by beating an egg with water.
4. Using a melon baller, scoop the cores out of the peeled apples from the top, making sure to leave the bottoms intact.
5. Dredge the apples in cinnamon mixture and set aside.
6. Dust a clean work surface with flour and unfold one pastry sheet. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10x9-inch rectangle. Cut the sheet into 9 (1x10-inch) strips.
7. Take 2 of the strips and press the ends together to make one 20-inch strip. Repeat this with 6 of the remaining pastry strips. Cut 8 leaf shapes from the last pastry strip.
8. Wrap the apples with the pastry strips, starting at the bottom, wind 1 pastry strip around 1 apple, slightly overlapping the edges of the pastry.
9. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the caramel sauce into the center of each apple.
10. Top the apples with 2 pastry leaves, each.
11. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture and place the apples onto a baking sheet.
12. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F.
13. Serve Puff Wrapped Caramel Apples with vanilla ice cream.
A special dessert recipe should be served only occasionally. These caramel apple puffs are like those, which can be served only when you have invited some very special people. These puffs are delicate and delectable but requires some skill and patience to prepare. Watch the video to learn the process and plan for a special dinner at home.