Swedish Fruit Soup
|Dried apricots||6 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Dried apples||3 Ounce (3/4 Cup)|
|Dried peaches||3 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Prunes||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Dark seedless raisins||2 1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Quick cooking tapioca||3 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon stick||3 Inch (1 Piece)|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Red raspberry fruit syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Slivered blanched almonds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Set out a large sauce pot having a tight-fitting cover.
2. Set out apricots, apples, peaches, prunes and raisins.
3. With a sharp paring knife, remove pits from prunes. Put fruits into the sauce pot with water.
4. Cover and soak fruits 2 to 3 hrs., if desired.
5. Add to the sauce pot sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, and orange peel.
6. Bring to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 min., or until fruit is tender. Remove from heat and stir in raspberry fruit syrup.
7. Chill soup in refrigerator.