Swedish Meat Balls
|Dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (prepared from 3 bread slices)|
|Ground round steak||1 Pound|
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Mashed potatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Set out a large, heavy skillet having a tight-fitting cover.
2. Set out bread crumbs.
3. Lightly mix together in a large bowl 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs and steak, pork, potatoes, egg and a mixture of salt, brown sugar, pepper, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
4. Shape mixture into balls about 1 in. in diameter. Roll balls lightly in remaining crumbs.
5. Heat the butter in the skillet over low heat.
6. Add the meat balls and brown on all sides. Shake pan frequently to brown evenly and to keep balls round. Cover and cook about 15 min., or until meat balls are thoroughly cooked.
7. Keep meat balls hot for the smorgasbord.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2355 Calories from Fat 1164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 130 g200%
Saturated Fat 58.3 g291.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 655.5 mg218.5%
Sodium 2881.2 mg120.1%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.9%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 158 g315.4%
Vitamin A 27.8% Vitamin C 77.6%
Calcium 25.3% Iron 52.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet