1 cup milk or cream
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water, 110°F to 115°F (Or if using compressed yeast, soften 1 cake in 1/4 cup lukewarm water, 80°F to 85°F.)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
5 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 eggs, well beaten
1. Baking sheets will be needed.
2. Scald 1 cup of milk or cream.
3. Meanwhile, soften the yeast in warm water.
4. Set aside.
5. Put sugar and salt into a large bowl.
6. Pour scalded milk over ingredients in bowl.
7. When lukewarm, blend in 1 cup sifted a