Just Chardonnay adds some real flavour to this simple yet elegant salad recipe. Chef Deana Folco Robles shows us a simple method to make a Parmigiana cheese bowl to serve this salad in.
Vine ripe tomato
4 , cut into quarters
2 , thinly sliced
8 , chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Salt & pepper
2 Cup (32 tbs), freshly grated
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1. Place the frying pan on med/high heat.
2. Using the strainer sift the grated cheese over the hot pan until the bottom is fully covered.
Keep it on heat until the cheese melts completely.
3. Take off the heat and let it cool slightly, for about a minute.
4. Peel the cheese out of the pan onto an upside down tea cup (to form the basket)
5. Let it rest until it hardens, for about 4 minutes.
6. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, shallots, salt, pepper, oil, wine and vinegar.
Mix and season to taste.
7. Place 1 cup of spring mix in each bowl or plate, place the cheese bowl in the center and fill with salad.
Garnish with balsamic glaze.
8. Serve fresh.
This video is a creation of Legourmettv. You can visit legourmet for complete recipes, and more videos.
Things You Will Need
6 inch teflon frying pan
4 plates or bowls
Want to serve something exclusive for your salads - this tomato basil salad on a parmesan bowl is going to steal the show. Preparing the parmesan bowl or plate is a fun activity and the rest is just tossing the salad in exotic dressing. All these are mentioned in this video with a detail explanation. You need to just watch and follow.
Chardonnay Tomato Basil Salad On Parmigiana Cheese Bowl Recipe Video