Chardonnay Tomato Basil Salad on Parmigiana Cheese Bowl
|Vine ripe tomato||4 , cut into quarters|
|Shallots||2 , thinly sliced|
|Basil leaves||8 , chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chardonnay||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Parmigiano cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), freshly grated|
|Spring mix||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Balsamic glaze||4 Tablespoon|
1. Place the frying pan on med/high heat.
2. Using the strainer sift the grated cheese over the hot pan until the bottom is fully covered.
Keep it on heat until the cheese melts completely.
3. Take off the heat and let it cool slightly, for about a minute.
4. Peel the cheese out of the pan onto an upside down tea cup (to form the basket)
5. Let it rest until it hardens, for about 4 minutes.
6. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, shallots, salt, pepper, oil, wine and vinegar.
Mix and season to taste.
7. Place 1 cup of spring mix in each bowl or plate, place the cheese bowl in the center and fill with salad.
Garnish with balsamic glaze.
8. Serve fresh.
4 plates or bowls
Calories 879 Calories from Fat 699
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g117.7%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g99%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.6 mg22.9%
Sodium 592.3 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 26 g52.7%
Vitamin A 110.9% Vitamin C 50.8%
Calcium 82.2% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet