Danish Meat Balls
|Beef||1 Pound, ground twice|
|Pork||1⁄2 Pound, ground twice|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sweet sour red cabbage||1|
1. Combine in a large bowl beef, pork, onion and a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper.
2. Add gradually, mixing vigorously milk, water and egg.
3. Beat vigorously until mixture is smooth and well blended.
4. Heat butter in a heavy skillet.
5. Using a tablespoon (not measuring spoon), drop the meat mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into the skillet. (Meat will drop more readily from a spoon dipped in melted butter.) Cook over medium heat until browned. Using a slotted spoon turn meat balls to brown evenly. Allow about 8 to 10 min. to cook meat balls.