Hotchef's Tomato Saffron Sauce
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Slivered garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced shallots||2 Tablespoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cut in half (sun gold tomatoes)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, cubed|
1. In a saucepan on medium high flame, heat olive oil and saute garlic and shallots until the shallots are soft.
2. Add in saffron, stir and allow the saffron to release the color.
3. Put in the cherry tomatoes, stir and allow it to cook for 15 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
4. Add in the butter and allow to melt and combine.
5. Turn off the heat and let the sauce cool slightly.
6. Pour the mixture in blender and blend until the sauce is smooth.
7. Pass the sauce through a strainer and push it using a wooden spoon.
8. Season the sauce as per your taste.
9. Use the sauce for seafood or vegetables.