Cheese And Swiss Chard Calzone
|Traditional pizza dough/1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed||1 (1 Recipe)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen swiss chard/Spinach||10 Ounce, Defrosted (1 Package)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Pound (2 Cups)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salami slices||8 Ounce, cut into thin strips|
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Divide pizza dough in half and roll into two 8-inch circles. Sprinkle cornmeal over a large baking sheet.
2. In a medium frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chard and garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until chard is wilted and garlic is fragrant. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Let cool to room temperature.
3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs with ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, salami, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir in chard or spinach.
4. Cover half of each dough circle with half of filling, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edge. Fold dough over filling to form a turnover. Press edges with tines of a fork to seal.
5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until calzone are puffed and deep golden brown.