Blueberry Meringue Torte
|Sifted cake flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375Â° F. Sift together sifted cake flour and baking powder; set aside.
2. Using electric mixer at high speed, beat eggs in large bowl until thick and lemon colored. Gradually add granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time; beat well after each addition.
3. Beat in lemon rind. With electric mixer at low speed, blend in flour mixture, one third at a time, making sure flour is absorbed after each addition.
4. Spoon batter into 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick finish; bake for 20 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Set pan on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes; remove shell from pan and place on wire rack to cool completely.
5. To make topping, combine blueberries, water and honey in small saucepan. Simmer, covered, over low heat until blueberries are tender and skins burst, about 10 minutes; cool.
6. Using electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites in medium bowl until soft peaks form; gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until egg whites are stiff.