How To Make Chocolate And Irish Cream Roulade
|For the roulade|
|Caster sugar||175 Gram|
|Cocoa||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Plain chocolate bar||200 Gram, melted|
|Double cream||450 Milliliter|
|Irish cream liqueur||6 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||4 Tablespoon (Leveled), divided|
1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Prepare a 13 x 9 inch Swiss roll tin, lined with baking parchment.
2. In a table-top food mixer, whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar until the mixture is very thick and frothy.
3. Sift the cocoa over the top of the whisked eggs and fold it into the mixture, along with the melted chocolate.
4. Pour the mixture into the lined tin and level the surface. Bake the roulade in the centre of the oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes.
5. Remove the roulade from the oven and then turn it out onto a sheet of baking parchment which has been dusted with icing sugar. Leave the lining paper on the roulade, and cover it with a clean and damp tea-towel to cool.
6. In a bowl, using a hand whisk, lightly whisk the double cream until it forms soft peaks, and fold in the Irish Cream Liqueur and 3 tablespoons of icing sugar. Mix with a spatula until incorporated.
7. Remove the tea-towel and then the lining paper from the roulade and trim away any crusty edges from the roulade.
8. Spread the filling over the roulade, and then roll it up, using the bottom sheet of baking parchment to help roll it.
9. Slide the roulade onto a serving plate and dust over a little extra icing sugar.
10. Serve the Chocolate and Irish Cream Roulade with coffee.
Calories 787 Calories from Fat 490
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.6%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 186.1 mg62%
Sodium 66 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 57.3 g
Protein 9 g17.4%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.8% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet