Swedish Coffee Bread
|Active dry yeast||2|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cardamom||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In small bowl, sprinkle yeast over 1 cup very warm water (105° to 115°F); let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and cardamom. Pour yeast mixture into flour mixture; add vegetable oil and egg; stir until thoroughly combined. Stir in raisins.
3. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand in warm, draft-free place until doubled in volume, 45 to 60 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Scrape dough into prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool in pan on rack.