Portuguese Style Chicken
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Green bell pepper||1 Large, seeded and sliced into strips|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Light olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, chopped, liquid reserved (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, chopped (Liquid Reserved)|
|Whole bay leaf||1|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley sprigs||2 (Or As Needed)|
|Red wine||6 Ounce (Half 12 Ounce Bottle, Not Chianti, Or Enough To Cover Chicken)|
|Fryer chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving pieces (1 Bird)|
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2) In a casserole, heat oil and sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic over moderate heat until softened.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, tomato liquid, seasonings, parsley, wine, and chicken.
4) Put the lid on and place the casserole in over.
5) Bake the chicken mixture for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until chicken is tender.
8) Serve the Portuguese Style Chicken garnished with chopped parsley if desired.