Finnish Cardamom Cookies
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Cardamom||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground ginger||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the flour, brown sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl.
3. In a 1-quart saucepan mix the corn syrup, butter, orange rind, and spices. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Cool.
4. In a large bowl beat the egg until thick and lemon-colored. Slowly stir in the syrup mixture. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Drop by teaspoons 2 inches apart onto well-oiled cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove at once from the cookie sheets and cool on wire racks.