Finnish Cardamom Cookies
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Cardamom||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground ginger||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the flour, brown sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl.
3. In a 1-quart saucepan mix the corn syrup, butter, orange rind, and spices. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Cool.
4. In a large bowl beat the egg until thick and lemon-colored. Slowly stir in the syrup mixture. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Drop by teaspoons 2 inches apart onto well-oiled cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove at once from the cookie sheets and cool on wire racks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2631 Calories from Fat 893
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.6%
Saturated Fat 60.3 g301.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 453.4 mg151.1%
Sodium 1035.1 mg43.1%
Total Carbohydrates 422 g140.8%
Dietary Fiber 34.8 g139.1%
Sugars 144.8 g
Protein 44 g87.5%
Vitamin A 62.6% Vitamin C 26.2%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 70.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet