The Scotch Egg. I recall a recipe from years ago and produce my version of the Scotch Egg, only baked, not deep fried. Still damn good!
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree.
2. Remove the sausage meat from the sausage casing and place it in a bowl.
3. Add oatmeal to the sausages and crack some black pepper.
4. Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder and sage. Mash and mix them together.
5. Beat eggs in a bowl, place corn meal in a separate container.
6. Take one boiled egg, peel and dip it in flour, then dip in beaten egg and then in the corn meal powder.
7. Grab some sausage mixture and wrap around the egg.
8. Dip it in corn meal and keep aside.
9. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining boiled eggs.
10. Place it on a baking tray and bake for 22 minutes.
11. Serve with brown sauce and dijon mustard.