How to Make Lemon Drizzle Cakes
|For lemon cake|
|Unsalted butter||120 Gram (room temperature)|
|Plain flour||170 Gram|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||170 Gram|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon (of two lemons)|
|For lemon and gin drizzle|
|Icing sugar||100 Gram, sifted|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease 12 mini loaf holes with butter.
2. Let the butter soften at room temperature.
FOR THE CAKE
3. In the bowl of a mixer, place the soft butter and sugar and whisk until soft and fluffy.
4. In a separate bowl, crack the eggs and add the milk, lightly loosen with a fork.
5. Add the eggs a bit at a time to the creamed butter mixture and mix well after each addition.
6. Sift the baking powder and flour into over the creamed butter mixture, add the lemon zest and lightly fold the flour in.
7. Pour the cake batter into the prepared moulds and bake the mini loafs at 180°C for 18 - 20 minutes.
8. Once cooked let the loaf rest for 5 minutes in the mould before turning it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely before glazing with the drizzle.
FOR LEMON AND GIN DRIZZLE
9. In to a small mixing bowl, sift the icing sugar and add the lemon juice, gin and stir.
10. Spoon the drizzle over the mini loafs, leave to set at room temperature.
11. Serve this Lemon Drizzle Cakes as it is.
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53 mg17.7%
Sodium 46.4 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 22.7 g
Protein 2 g4.1%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet