Classic Dundee Cake
|Canned blanched almonds||4 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Diced candied citron||4 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Diced candied lemon peel||4 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Red candied cherries||4 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Golden raisins||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dried currants||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange flavor liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In blender at high speed or in food processor with knife blade attached, blend 1/3 cup almonds with 2 tablespoons sugar until ground. Place mixture in medium-sized bowl.
2. Cut citron, lemon peel, and red cherries into small pieces. Mix cut up fruits, raisins, and currants with ground almonds; set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 8" by 3" springform pan.
4. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat butter or margarine and 3/4 cup sugar just until blended. Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy. Add flour and remaining ingredients; at low speed, beat until well mixed, constantly scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Increase speed to high; beat 3 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl. Stir in fruit mixture.
5. Pour batter into pan. Arrange remaining almonds on top of batter. Bake 1 3/4 hours or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan; cool completely on rack. Wrap fruitcake tightly with foil; refrigerate overnight so cake will be firm and easy to slice. To store, see Storing Cakes,
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4996 Calories from Fat 2355
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 271 g416.5%
Saturated Fat 127.4 g637.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1329.7 mg443.2%
Sodium 1391.8 mg58%
Total Carbohydrates 587 g195.6%
Dietary Fiber 44.3 g177.1%
Sugars 317.8 g
Protein 90 g179.8%
Vitamin A 135% Vitamin C 256.4%
Calcium 115.7% Iron 146.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet