Chicken In Aspic
|Chicken||3 Pound (1 In Number)|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Chicken stock||1 Quart|
|Cucumber||1 , sliced|
|Tomato||1 , sliced|
1. Rinse the chicken and rub it with lemon inside and out. To a large kettle of boiling water add the chicken, salt, onion, carrot, parsley, and seasonings. Cover and cook for 45 minutes, then turn heat down and let simmer till the chicken is tender.
2. Let the chicken cool in the Stock. Remove the scum that has floated to the surface. Remove the skin from the chicken and cut the meat in small pieces.
3. Heat the liquid and strain. Soak the gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water. Add hot Chicken Stock slowly to make about 1 quart.
4. Pour some of the Stock in a ring mold, just covering the bottom. Add tomato and cucumber slices. Pour on more Stock so that this first layer is covered. Place mold in refrigerator to set. Continue to layer pieces of chicken and tomato and cucumber slices. When all chicken has been added pour on the rest of the Stock.
5. Place mold in refrigerator till ready to serve.
6. To serve: dip the mold quickly in hot water so that the aspic loosens from the bottom and turn upside down on a serving dish.