Swedish Fish Mould
|Haddock||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. Grind the raw fish three or four times. Blend in the butter and seasonings and cream until smooth.
3. Beat together the egg yolks, flour and milk. Add by spoonfuls to the fish, beating constantly until the mixture is blended. Should the mixture curdle, add two teaspoons hot butter and beat until the mixture is smooth. If desired, the blending can be done in an electric mixer at low speed.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Whip the cream until stiff. Fold egg whites, then cream into the fish mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased two-quart mold that has been sprinkled with fine bread crumbs; the mixture should fill the mold only three-quarters full. Cover with greased waxed paper.
6. Place the mold in a pan of warm water and bake one to one and one-half hours.
7. Unmold on a platter and garnish with parsley
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2781 Calories from Fat 1876
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 213 g327.3%
Saturated Fat 124.5 g622.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1762.4 mg587.5%
Sodium 2960.3 mg123.3%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 152 g304.9%
Vitamin A 185.3% Vitamin C 36.3%
Calcium 79.7% Iron 77%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet