Roquefort Cheese Strudel
|Strudel leaves||2 Pound (2 Packages)|
|Mashed potatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pot cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Roquefort cheese||6 Ounce, crumbled|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Remove the packages of strudel leaves from the refrigerator at least three hours before using.
2. In an electric mixer blend the potatoes, milk, cheeses, yolks, salt, pepper and curry powder. Blend in the slightly beaten egg whites and correct the seasonings.
3. Preheat oven to moderate (375° F.).
4. Spread a large damp towel on a table. Open a sheet of strudel leaves and place on the cloth (keep the remaining dough covered to prevent drying). Brush the leaves with butter and sprinkle with crumbs. Repeat this procedure with three more sheets of leaves, placing each on top of the last.
5. Spread the nearest short edge of the leaves with half the cheese mixture, making a strip about three inches wide.
6. Roll up the strudel, using the towel as an aid and folding in the sides of the leaves. Roll onto a greased baking sheet and brush the top with butter. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients for a second strudel.
7. Bake until golden brown, or about twenty-five to thirty minutes. Slide onto a bread board, cut into two-inch pieces