Economy Class Stroganoff
|Beef round/Chuck steak||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Canned drained mushroom stems and pieces||4 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Tomato ketchup/Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef bouillon cubes||3|
|Prepared mustard/1/2 teaspoon dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream/Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cut beef into thin strips and put into a saucepot. Add hot water, cover, and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until tender.
2. In a large fry pan, saute onions in oil until tender.
3. Add meat with broth, mushrooms, ketchup, bouillon cubes, mustard, and salt to onions. Cover; simmer 15 minutes.
4. Combine flour with cold water. Slowly stir into meat mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
5. Remove pan from heat; stir in sour cream. Stir until mixture is smooth. Return to low heat and cook only until heated through.