The classic Apple Strudel has layer upon layer of paper-thin buttery pastry rolled around a generous amount of apple and cinnamon, with raisins & walnuts. Join Gregpatent in his kitchen and see him prepare the Apple Strudel. Try out the lip smaking dish and you are surely bound to enjoy!
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Soft unsalted butter
1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Needed)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Drizzle/Brush)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Apple, Sugar, Cinnamon And Raisin Mixture)
1) To make the dough in a food processor, add the bread flour, soft unsalted butter, salt and process for about 10 seconds.
2) In a 1 cup measure, beat an egg with a fork and then add enough water to come up to the 1 cup line. Then the vinger, stir well and add the liquid into the processor when running for 30 seconds.Check and process for another 30 seconds.
3) Remove the dough on the counter and slap it down a 100 times to fully develop the gluten. Put in an oiled bowl and rest for a few hours.
4) Put the dough on a floured cloth over a table. Roll with a big rolling pin until 2 feet long and 18 inch wide.
5) Pull out the dough, tug the ends and stretch it well very thin. Then cut away the thick edges. Drizzle the butter over the stretched dough, then scatter the ground nuts all over. Place the apple, sugar, cinnamon and raisin mixture as an haphazard log over the dough. Cover the dough over the apple mixture. Roll over the dough, press well, cut extra ends and tuck the ends under.
6) Place the strudel over a buttered baking sheet and shape the strudel to fit in well. Brush generously with the melted butter.
7) Bake in a preheated oven at 450 Degree F for 15 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 400 Degree F and bake for further 20-25 minutes until the apples are cooked.
If the thought of layers and layers of buttery pastry topped with fresh apples and loads of cinnamon gets you drooling, then this is the ultimate dessert for you. Apple strudel is easy, effortless way to appease your sweet tooth. Greg Patent shows you how you can fix a quick apple dessert at home using easy-to-find ingredients.