Krumkake are crisp rolled cookies baked in a special iron, shaped using a wooden cone-shaped mold, then filled with whipped cream and berries. Join Gregpatent in his kitchen and see him prepare the Krumkake. Try out these wafer cookies and enjoy!
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Melted unsalted butter
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Needed)
1) In a large bowl, beat the eggs with an electric beater for several minutes until they are thick ane pale.
2) Gradually beat in the sugar at a medium speed, then increase the speed and beat for further 3-4 minutes.
3) Then on a low speed, beat in the flour, salt and vanilla jut the incorporate into a thick batter.
4) Add the melted unsalted butter and fold it in gently. Set aside for about 30 minutes.
5) The batter gets thicker, add a little warm water and gently stir.
6) Put a spoonfull of the batter in the Krumkake iron, press and cook for a minute or so. Remove and roll. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
7) Store the Krumkake in an airtight container. Add the filling just before serving.
If you love waffles, you are simply going to adore this Norwegian version of the same. Crunchy rolled cone-shaped cookie filled with whipped cream and berries makes for some treat. Greg patent shows you how to prepare these wafers at home and get indulging.