Red Velvet Belgian Waffles W Cream Cheese Glaze
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||5 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 3⁄4 Centiliter (room temperature)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted and cooled|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Red food coloring||3 Tablespoon (liquid)|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce (oom temperature)|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon (oom temperature)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the waffle iron.
2. In a large bowl, combine and blend the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
3. Blend in the vanilla extract.
4. Gradually add the powdered sugar while blending. Continue to blend while slowly adding the desired amount of milk. (Note: You can control the consistency of the glaze by slowly adding the milk.) Set aside.
5. Combine and sift the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
6. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add the buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla extract, and food coloring. Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients. Whisk just until the batter comes together. Pour the manufacturer’s recommended amount of batter onto the waffle iron and cook until done. For crispier waffles, turn up the browning control and/or leave the waffles on the iron for another minute or so.
7. Pour the desired amount of cream cheese glaze over each waffle and serve immediately.
Calories 980 Calories from Fat 433
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.8%
Saturated Fat 29 g145%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 234 mg78%
Sodium 948 mg39.5%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 67.9 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A 32% Vitamin C
Calcium 48.4% Iron 28.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet