Pan Seared Sea Scallops with Garlic Aioli Orzo
|Sea scallops||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
|Garlic pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Pan Seared Sea Scallops as per the Instructions.
2. In a large bowl, add in scallops, garlic salt and pepper and toss.
3. In a skillet on the stovetop over high heat, add butter and oil. When skillet is a little smoky, add in scallops.
4. Add in lemon or lime juice and lemon rind over tops of scallops. Keep scallops from touching one another.
5. Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes until they have a slightly golden hue.
6. For the garlic Aioli, in a food possessor, add in garlic, egg, juices, salt and pepper.
7. Add in about a 1/8 of the oil in a slow stream. Blend. Continue 3 more times until all the oil is used. The mixture will be thick.
8. Serve immediately over the Garlic Aioli Orzo.
Calories 449 Calories from Fat 311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105 mg35%
Sodium 530.6 mg22.1%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.3%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 26 g51.8%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 49.4%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet