Paleo-friendly Belgian Waffles
|Unsweetened almond milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Coconut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Protein powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter/Coconut oil||2 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
|For whipped coconut cream|
|Unsweetened coconut milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), refrigerated|
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the protein powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk to combine, removing all lumps.
- Heat your waffle maker. Brush butter onto the cooking surface to prevent any sticking.
- Pour in a little over 1/2 cup of batter into the waffle maker. Close the lid. Cook according to your machine's instructions.
- When the waffle is done, place it onto a plate and repeat the process for the second waffle.
- For the whipped coconut cream - Scoop the solidified coconut cream into a bowl. Add the vanilla. Using a mixer whip until soft peaks form.
- Top with fresh berries and whipped coconut cream. Serve immediately.
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g107.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 259.9 mg86.6%
Sodium 876.5 mg36.5%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.88 g3.5%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 34 g67.4%
Vitamin A 47.3% Vitamin C 27.9%
Calcium 37.7% Iron 50.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet