Apple Crumble (Healthy Heart, High Fibre Recipe)
|For stewed apples|
|Sliced unpeeled apples||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon stick||2 Small|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat bran||1 Tablespoon|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped walnut||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped almond||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Low fat butter||1⁄8 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
For Stewed Apples:
1. In a non-stick pan, combine ½ cup of water, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks and lemon juice. Stir and cook over medium flame for 30 seconds or until brown sugar dissolves completely.
2. Add apple slices and cook for 7-8 minutes or until the apples turn soft. Discard the cinnamon and set aside to cool.
3. In a non-stick pan, combine oats, wheat bran, walnuts, almonds, raisins, cinnamon powder, and vanilla essence. Stir and lightly roast over low flame for 2 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and set aside to cool.
4. Lightly grease a baking dish with butter.
5. Preheat oven to 200 degree C or 400 degree F.
6. Spread the stewed apples at the base of a baking dish and top evenly muesli.
7. Pop the baking dish in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until muesli turns golden brown.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.2 mg0%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet