Salmon Fishcakes - A Jamie Oliver special
|Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh peas/Frozen peas||2 Ounce|
|Potatoes||600 Gram, peeled and diced|
|Fresh chives||1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Canned salmon||360 Gram, drained|
|Zest of lemon||1|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon (For dusting - more if needed)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chili flake||1 Pinch|
- In a large pan, boil salted water and add in the potatoes. Bring back to the boil, turn the heat down to medium and simmer gently for around 10 minutes, or until cooked, adding the peas for the last 2 minutes.
- Place the salmon in the bowl, using a fork, flake it into small chunks.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes and peas and let it cool completely.
- Place the potatoes and peas in a large bowl and mash carefully.
- Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Add in the salmon and mix well.
- Grate the lemon zest into the mixture, followed by an egg. Mix everything really well.
- Sprinkle a little flour over a large plate. Divide the mixture into 13 and make patties.
- Place a frying pan on a medium heat and add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Dredge the cakes into some more flour and carefully place 4 fish cakes into the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve the fish cakes with some seasonal green veg and lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Calories 240 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.6%
Saturated Fat 0.65 g3.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.2 mg16.7%
Sodium 348 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 44.1%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet