Batter Bowl is a bowl in which batters for cakes, muffins, pancakes and cookies are prepared. It has a handle, a lid and a spout which makes it easy to pour, and a rubber base which prevents it from moving when mixing the batter. It often has measurements marked on its sides. Some batter bowls are greased before mixing the ingredients, and then put in the oven for baking as well. Batter bowls are made of plastic, melamine, glass or stone.
A batter bowl may be used for several purposes, owing to its versatile design. Some of the popular uses are –
- Mixing – It is used for mixing not just batters for cakes or muffins but also for whipping cream, mixing pie filling or preparing bread dough.
- Baking – It may also be used to bake the cake in the same bowl, in which the batter has been prepared. This reduces mess and extra utensils to be cleaned.
- Refrigerating – In recipes which require the batter to be refrigerated before proceeding with the rest of the recipe, the bowl is placed inside the refrigerator for the required time.
- Storing – Most batter bowls come with a lid. This helps to store away any leftover batter in the bowl by simply putting the lid on and refrigerating it.
- Measuring – The batter bowls which have measurements marked on its side walls, help as a guide to the cook. The measurement shows markings for one cup batter cake, two cups batter or more.
How to Buy a Batter Bowl
While buying a batter bowl, one should look out for a brand which offers a bowl that is microwave, dishwasher, freezer and oven proof. One should also check for a wide spout, marked measurements, lid and a rubberized nonskid base. A plastic or glass batter bowl is ideal for use. Looking for all the above features in a batter bowl will ensure a versatile batter bowl.
Popular Brands Selling Batter Bowl