It's that time of year again where brunches are in full swing...wedding brunches, mother's day brunches, graduation brunches, you name it! In my eyes a brunch is just not complete without a tray of fresh fruit! This video will show you how to create an easy, no-fail, eye-catching fruit platter from start to finish! Don't you dare go spending a ton of money on a profession fruit platter when you can create your own that will rival the pros!
Honey dew melon
1 Cup (16 tbs) (or more as needed)
100 Gram (1 whole vine)
1. Wash and clean the fruits.
2. Cut the pineapple in half and then in fourths. Leave the stem intact so that each section still has stem on it.
3. Cut the pineapple flesh from the skin, dice it into triangle and place it back onto the skin as shown in the video. Set aside.
4. Cut the watermelon into fourths. Remove flesh from rind and slice it into even, ½ inch triangles.
5. Slice the cantaloupe in half and discard the seeds. Cut into fourths, remove the flesh from the rind and dice into cubes.
6. Cut honeydew melon into cubes the same way as you did with the cantaloupe.
7. On a 10x15-inch platter, place the 4 pineapple boats on each corner, with stems hanging over the tray, to create empty sections.
8. On the shorter ends of the platter, arrange the watermelon slices along the outer edge.
9. Then add rows of diced cantaloupe and honeydew melon.
10. Place blueberries in the corners to fill in any gaps and place a grape vine in the middle.
11. On the longer ends, lay a row of cantaloupe and honeydew melon and fill the gaps with berries.
12. Decorate with flowers as shown in the video.
13. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.