Caramel Custard Mold
|For caramelized sugar|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F before baking.
2. Place heavy skillet on low heat, add 1 cup sugar and cook till sugar melts to a light brown syrup. Stir and blend. Pour sugar syrup to the 1 ½ quart casserole. Turn and rotate the casserole bottom for even and through coating.
3. Take a medium saucepan, place on medium heat and heat milk till it starts bubbling.
4. Take a large bowl, add eggs, Using a rotary beat, beat the eggs slightly. Add vanilla, salt and ½ cup sugar followed by the hot milk. Keep stirring the mixture. Transfer to the caramel coated casserole.
5. Place casserole in a shallow pan filled with 1/1 inch hot water and bake for 1 ¼ hours or till a tease inserted to the center comes out clean. Take out, cool and refrigerate till next day.
6. Using a spatula, loosen the edges, transfer upside down to a serving dish and release the custard by shaking gently. Serve warm with caramel as sauce.