How To Clean Deep Fryer
Wondering how to clean deep fryer? It’s really not that hard a task but if you don’t know how or if it’s your first time then it can appear as a sort of challenge. Read on for some great cleaning tips and techniques.
The things that you will need to clean a deep fryer
White vinegar, paper towels, a sponge, and some rags as well.
Step by step guidelines
Take out all electrical connections, make sure the deep fryer has been emptied and take out the basket. The fryer basket will be cleaned out separately.
Remove build up with a stiff brush or a steel wool pad and fill it up with some water. Next step is to add a liquid soap mix into the water and mix well.
- The cleaning solution will need to boil for about ten minutes so turn on the fryer and let the water come to a boil.
- Now the cleaning solution in the dryer needs to cool down so let it be until that happens.
- Once cooled down, drain out the liquid from the fryer and pour in another solution made with 1 part white vinegar and 10 parts of warm water.
- Let this solution sit in the fryer for 5 to 10 minutes and use a sponge to clean the surfaces of the dryer.
- Rinse out your fryer with warm water and use a strong spray of water while doing this.
- Use the old rags to wipe off the surfaces of the dryer and let it dry thoroughly.
- If there is still oily grime or other dirt particles that have stayed behind, use a sponge and some warm water to scrub these off. They should come off pretty easy.
Other cleaning ingredients that you can use for cleaning your deep fryer are equal amounts of water and baking soda. Strong cleaning agents are generally not advised as they can be a little harsh for this appliance.
Now that you know how to clean deep fryer, this task should be pretty easy and not take too long either. Keep a clean, sparking deep fryer, always looking as good as new.
Image credit - o-digital.com