Making chicken enchiladas really is pretty easy if you know the techniques. I will take you step by step through the process of making delicious chicken enchiladas just like Mexican restaurants do. Now I like to make enchiladas with red or enchilada sauce and that's what I am showing you today. Now you need a good sauce to have a great enchilada.
1 , boil (2 cups of cooked chicken)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Mild cheddar cheese
12 Ounce, shredded
1 Cup (16 tbs), dice
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1. Rinse chickens, and boil the chicken for half an hour in a pot with water.
2. Once done remove the chicken and let it cool.
3. Once cooled, de-bone the chicken and only keep the chicken meat discard the rest.
4. Cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks.
5. Finely chop the onions, set aside.
6. Prepare a baking sheet with foil.
7. Preheat the oven on 425 degree.
8. In a pan pour oil and bring it to 350 degree on medium high.
9. In the meantime combine the chicken and enchilada sauce and heat it up in the microwave for few minutes.
10. Once the oil is hot, using a tong, dip two corn tortillas at a time in the hot oil. Leave them in the oil for only a couple of seconds, place it on the baking sheet.
11. Spread a spoon full of the enchiladas sauce on the tortillas.
12. Add a spoonful of chicken in the center of each tortilla and then roll them up, seam side down.
13. Place the enchilada in an oven-proof baking dish. Continue the process with the rest of the enchiladas.
14. Once done, pour a generous amount of sauce over the chicken enchiladas, top it with cheese and sprinkle onions.
15. Bake for 2 minutes in the preheated oven.
16. Serve with Spanish rice and re-fried beans.
Dark meat makes the chicken enchilada recipes better than white meat.