How To Make Chicken Enchiladas with Red Sauce by Rockin Robin
|Whole chicken||1 , boil (2 cups of cooked chicken)|
|Corn tortillas||250 Gram|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mild cheddar cheese||12 Ounce, shredded|
|Yellow onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Enchilada sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Rinse chickens, and boil the chicken for half an hour in a pot with water.
2. Once done remove the chicken and let it cool.
3. Once cooled, de-bone the chicken and only keep the chicken meat discard the rest.
4. Cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks.
5. Finely chop the onions, set aside.
6. Prepare a baking sheet with foil.
7. Preheat the oven on 425 degree.
8. In a pan pour oil and bring it to 350 degree on medium high.
9. In the meantime combine the chicken and enchilada sauce and heat it up in the microwave for few minutes.
10. Once the oil is hot, using a tong, dip two corn tortillas at a time in the hot oil. Leave them in the oil for only a couple of seconds, place it on the baking sheet.
11. Spread a spoon full of the enchiladas sauce on the tortillas.
12. Add a spoonful of chicken in the center of each tortilla and then roll them up, seam side down.
13. Place the enchilada in an oven-proof baking dish. Continue the process with the rest of the enchiladas.
14. Once done, pour a generous amount of sauce over the chicken enchiladas, top it with cheese and sprinkle onions.
15. Bake for 2 minutes in the preheated oven.
16. Serve with Spanish rice and re-fried beans.
Dark meat makes the chicken enchilada recipes better than white meat.
Calories 1701 Calories from Fat 1113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g196.3%
Saturated Fat 37.9 g189.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 371.2 mg123.7%
Sodium 1788.3 mg74.5%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 94 g187.6%
Vitamin A 87.6% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 69.6% Iron 26.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet