You will need shredded pork, shredded beef or shredded chicken to make these enchiladas. I used left-over chipotle citrus braised pork for this recipe. I also used my red enchilada sauce but store bought sauce will work as well. What ever you like.
2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded
Red enchilada sauce
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (or any yellow cheese)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat some oil in a skillet. Once it is hot, add the tortillas – one at a time – and soften them for 10 seconds. Remove them and drain them on paper towels.
3. Place 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce at the bottom of your oven proof dish.
4. Fill each tortilla with some meat in the middle. Roll it and place it on the enchilada sauce.
5. Top the rolled tortillas with the remaining sauce and the cheese.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes – until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through.
7. In a serving plate, slice and serve it with any salad or salsa or guacamole.