|Barbecued chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|Fresh white cheese/Ricotta cheese||4 Ounce|
|Queso panela/Fresh mozzarella||4 Ounce|
|Green chile stew two-step mix||20 Ounce (Cookwell & Company)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying the tortillas)|
|Instant refried beans||7 Ounce (Santa Fe - Southwestern Style)|
|New orleans spanish rice||7 Ounce (Zatarains)|
1. Place leftover barbecued chicken in a pot along with some water and boil until tender.
2. Remove to a dish and cool. Shred the meat off the bones. discard the bones.
3. Crumble the cheeses into a bowl and mix well.
4. Pour 20 ounces of the green chili stew into a shallow dish. Set aside.
5. In a skillet heat the oil.
6. Fry on tortilla at a time in the hot oil, then dip into the chili sauce and layer in a 2-quart (13-inch by 9-inch) casserole dish.
7. When the bottom of casserole is line with tortillas, scatter 1/3 the shredded chicken and 1/3 the cheese on top. Spoon a thin layer of chili stew.
8. Repeat layering of fried tortillas dipped in sauce, shredded chicken, cheese and sauce, making 3 layers in all.
9. Top with cheese and drizzle left over sauce if any.
10. Place casserole in an 350 degree F hot oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until hot and bubbly amd cheese is lightly browned.
11. In the mean time prepare the instant refried beans and Spanish rice according to package instructions. You can add a can of tomatoes to the Spanish rice if you like.
12. Cut the Chicken Enchilada Verdes into serving size squares.
13. Serve with the Refried beans and Spanish rice on the side.
Calories 1439 Calories from Fat 451
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.9%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.2 mg8.4%
Sodium 2267.4 mg94.5%
Total Carbohydrates 199 g66.5%
Dietary Fiber 21.5 g85.8%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 48 g95.2%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 41.8% Iron 30.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet