|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound (1 Bird)|
|Celery stalk||1 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen chopped broccoli||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Commercial sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Cream of chicken soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce, undiluted (1 Can)|
|Corn tortillas||1 Dozen|
|Vegetable oil||1 Ounce|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
1. Preheat oven at 350°.
2. In Dutch oven, place chicken and celery.
3. Cover with water, and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat,and simmer 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
5. When the chicken pieces are cooked remove them from broth. Reserve 1/4 cup of broth.
6. Shred chicken and keep it aside.
7. Saute onions in 1 tablespoon hot oil until tender; set aside.
8. Check the package directions and cook broccoli accordingly. Drain and keep aside.
9. In a large sauce pan mix well, chicken, onion, broccoli, 1 carton sour cream, soup, and 2 tablespoons chicken broth.
10. Place it on oven and bring to a boil.
11. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
12. Stir in salt and pepper.
13. Remove mixture from heat, and set aside.
14. Heat ¼ inch oil (375°).
15. Fry tortillas, one at a time, about 5 seconds on each side or just until softened.
16. Allow excess oil to drain by placing it on paper towels.Set it aside.
17. In a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish, place remaining 2 tablespoons of chicken broth.
18. Rotate dish to coat with broth.
19. Place about 1/4 cup chicken mixture on each tortilla.
20. Roll up tightly to seal ends. Place them on a baking dish.
21 Top it evenly with remaining chicken mixture.
22. Sprinkle with paprika.
23. Bake it uncovered in oven for 15 minutes.
24. Sprinkle with cheese.
25. Serve enchiladas terrificas hot with additional sour cream and olives.
Calories 943 Calories from Fat 536
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g91.8%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g108.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214.1 mg71.4%
Sodium 747.9 mg31.2%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 54 g107.6%
Vitamin A 55.1% Vitamin C 84.5%
Calcium 31% Iron 25.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet