|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|6 inch corn tortillas||8|
|Hot enchilada sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Canned / Home Made)|
|Shredded beef filling||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Ripe olives||24 , pitted|
|Mild cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 Cup)|
|Monterey jack cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 Cup)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For enchilada sauce|
|Vegetable oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Chili powder||3 Tablespoon (Or More Depending On Your Spice Level)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Chicken stock/Canned broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. For the enchilada sauce mix the oil, flour and garlic in a 1-quart microwave safe casserole dish and microwave at full power for 1 minute, or until hot.
2. Now add the stock, chilli powder, cumin, oregano and salt and microwave at full power for 6 minutes, or until the sauce is thick, stirring it every 2 minutes, keep it aside for later use.
3. Heat the oil in microwave at full power for 5 minutes by putting oil in a 7-8 inch round microwave safe bowl.
4. Take out the bowl and dip the tortillas in this oil till they sizzle and become soft on both sides (approximately 30 seconds for each side) using a pair of tongs.
5. Keep it on a paper towel and prepare all the tortillas similarly placing paper towels in between, as it will absorb all the extra oil from the tortillas.
6. Take a wide 10 (inch and above) microwave safe container and pour the enchilada sauce in it and heat it for about 1 minute at full power.
7. Take a microwave safe plate (or browning tray), dip the tortillas in the sauce with the help of tongs and place it on the plate.
8. On the lower end of the tortilla put ¼ cup shredded beef, 2 tablespoons green onion and 2 olives and roll to enclose the filling.
9. Prepare all the tortillas similarly, placing them in a row.
10. Put the cheddar and Monterey jack cheese on top and microwave at full power for 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
11. On a tray prepare the garnish with the remaining olives.
Calories 1045 Calories from Fat 673
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120.4%
Saturated Fat 25 g125.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97 mg32.3%
Sodium 2002.3 mg83.4%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 29 g57.4%
Vitamin A 139.1% Vitamin C 54.4%
Calcium 61.3% Iron 30.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet