Jalapeno Cheese Enchiladas
|8 inch flour tortillas||6|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||12 Ounce (3 Cups)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cubed monterey jack cheese with jalapeno||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Divide ½ cup shredded cheese into 6 equal portions and fill each tortilla with it; roll up the tortillas tight.
3. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and place the tortillas very tightly in it.
4. In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in the flour, blending till the mixture is smooth; cook until bubbles start to form.
5. Remove from heat and add the broth, stirring continuously to form a smooth mixture without lumps.
6. Cook over low heat until mixture is thick and bubbly.
7. Add a few cubes of jalapeno pepper cheese at a time; stir until melted.
8. Continue until all the cheese has been added and melted.
9. Pour the mixture over the tortillas and bake at 350°F for 60 minutes.
10. Cover with foil and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
11. Serve hot with Guacamole dip or enchilada sauce.
12. If desired, garnish with sour cream.