Mock Enchilada Casserole
|Instant minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned green chili peppers||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper/Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tortillas/Corn chips - 6 ounce package||6 , torn into pieces|
|Monterey jack cheese/Muenster cheese||1⁄2 Pound, cubed|
|Commercial sour cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a skillet, saute the onion in butter, until softened.
3) Stir in the tomato sauce, chili peppers, Italian Seasoning, celery salt and pepper.
4) Allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
5) In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs and add cream together, mix thoroughly and stir into the skillet.
6) In a 2-quart casserole, place 1/3 of the tortillas at the bottom.
7) Then cover with 1/2 of the sauce and 1/3 of the cubed cheese.
8) Repeat the layers until all the tortillas, sauce and cubed cheese are utilized.
9) Top with the sour cream, then sprinkle with grated Cheddar cheese and paprika.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until thoroughly heated and bubbly.
11) Serve the Mock Enchilada Casserole, straight from the oven with a freshly tossed green salad.