Cortez Chicken Enchiladas
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned chopped green chilies||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green chili enchilada sauce||2 Can (20 oz), divided|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Cooked chicken/Canned chunk chicken in water - 1 can of 15 ounces, drained||1 Pound|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a large non-stick skillet, combine together the onion, green pepper, chicken broth, green chilies and 1/3 cup of enchilada sauce. Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes.
3) Add the pepper, garlic, chilli powder and chicken. Mix well.
4) Cover the skillet and gently simmer for about 5 minutes or till the mixture is thoroughly heated.
5) In the meantime, heat the corn tortillas by wrapping them in paper towels and then microwaving at HIGH for about 1 Â½ to 2 minutes.
6) On each tortilla, spread about 1/3rd cup of the chicken mixture lengthwise.
7) Roll the tortillas.
8) In a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray, place the tortillas, seam side down and pour the remaining enchilada sauce all over. Top with cheese.
9) Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, till the preparation is thoroughly heated.
10) Place on a serving platter and serve hot with dip of choice.
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.1 mg24.4%
Sodium 852.9 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 28 g56.2%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 45.5%
Calcium 26.7% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet