Firecracker Enchilada Casserole
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Mexicorn||12 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned mexicorn||12 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Enchilada sauce||10 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Mild enchilada sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|Part-skim mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|Lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large non-stick skillet, cook the onion and turkey till browned. Drain the fat.
3) Add the mexicorn, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce and seasoning and mix well.
4) Bring the ingredients to a boil and then reduce the heat. Gently simmer for about 5 minutes.
6) In the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, place 6 tortillas.
7) Over the tortillas, pour half of the meat mixture and sprinkle with one-half of the mozzarella cheese.
8) Repeat the layers of tortillas and meat till the ingredients have been used up.
9) Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
10) Sprinkle the remaining cheese all over and bake for another 5 minutes.
11) Serve hot after garnishing with tomato and lettuce. In case the dish has been made ahead of time, cover it and store in the fridge. Before serving, heat for 40 minutes, sprinkle the cheese and heat for another 5 minutes.
Calories 1908 Calories from Fat 584
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.3%
Saturated Fat 32.1 g160.7%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 313.3 mg104.4%
Sodium 4242.2 mg176.8%
Total Carbohydrates 217 g72.5%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.6%
Sugars 38.8 g
Protein 108 g215.5%
Vitamin A 201.2% Vitamin C 115%
Calcium 155.7% Iron 64.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet