Firecracker Enchilada Casserole
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Mexicorn||12 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned mexicorn||12 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Enchilada sauce||10 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Mild enchilada sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|Part-skim mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|Lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large non-stick skillet, cook the onion and turkey till browned. Drain the fat.
3) Add the mexicorn, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce and seasoning and mix well.
4) Bring the ingredients to a boil and then reduce the heat. Gently simmer for about 5 minutes.
6) In the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, place 6 tortillas.
7) Over the tortillas, pour half of the meat mixture and sprinkle with one-half of the mozzarella cheese.
8) Repeat the layers of tortillas and meat till the ingredients have been used up.
9) Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
10) Sprinkle the remaining cheese all over and bake for another 5 minutes.
11) Serve hot after garnishing with tomato and lettuce. In case the dish has been made ahead of time, cover it and store in the fridge. Before serving, heat for 40 minutes, sprinkle the cheese and heat for another 5 minutes.