New Mexican Green Enchiladas
|Green chilies||12 , roasted, peeled and chopped|
|Chicken legs||10 , cooked and shredded|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Frying oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying Tortillas)|
|Grated cheese||2 Tablespoon (For Melting On Top)|
1) In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
2) Fry the onions till they are transparent.
3) Add the green chilies, shredded chicken, mushroom soup and 2 cups of water. Heat the mixture thoroughly.
4) While the mixture is cooking, in a frying pan, heat the oil for frying the tortillas.
5) Once the oil is hot enough, fry the tortillas one by one, flipping as required so that both the sides are well coated with the oil and stiff.
6) Into a casserole dish, ladle some of the chicken mixture and layer three tortillas.
7) Ladle some more chicken mixture and more mixtures.
8) Repeat the layers till all the tortillas have been used up. Save about Â½ cup of chicken mixture for topping.
9) On top of the layers, grate some cheese.
10) Allow the preparation to let for about 20 minutes so that the cheese melts. Also, the tortillas need to be completely soaked in the sauce.
11) Serve at room temperature. Rice, cooked in chicken broth, and beans are good accompaniments to the enchiladas.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8358 Calories from Fat 5984
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 655 g1008.3%
Saturated Fat 146.5 g732.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 740.7 mg246.9%
Sodium 6753.4 mg281.4%
Total Carbohydrates 385 g128.3%
Dietary Fiber 18.8 g75.2%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 205 g409.1%
Vitamin A 51.6% Vitamin C 518.5%
Calcium 106.2% Iron 173.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet